This position is located in the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum (CHSDM); Smithsonian Institution. This position works as part of a team responsible for a variety of cleaning assignments (cleaning/sanitizing bathrooms and removing trash) and miscellaneous manual laboring tasks associated with the operation and maintenance (snow removal, animal excrement removal on sidewalks, furniture/chairs/event set up and other manual tasks) and other services mentioned below in the duty statement.Learn more about this agency
- Cleans offices, public/administrative bathrooms, corridors, storerooms, stairways or any area within the confines of the buildings(s) using brooms, mops, buckets, heavy duty vacuums, buffers and scrubbers.
- Adjusts and cleans machines and changes brushes, rollers, buffers and other attachments.
- Dusts, scrubs, sweeps, waxes and polishes horizontal surfaces such as floors, etc.,
- Cleans mirrors, empties trash and recycle cans; washes walls, windows, air vents, blinds and fixtures.
- Stocks all refillable dispensers and removes stains in all bathrooms/offices from various walls and floor surfaces using chemicals and various cleaning solutions and equipment.
- Shampoos, vacuums, scrubs, strips, waxes, polishes linoleum, tile, wood, terrazzo, concrete, marble, carpet and other various kinds of surfaces using appropriate solutions, strippers, shampoos, waxes and equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603022500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.