This position is located in the Office of Public Affairs (OPA). The incumbent serves as Director of Public Affairs and as spokesperson for, and reports directly to, the Chief Executive Officer of USAGM. Incumbent directs the operations of OPA and leads the execution of strategic communications aimed at positioning USAGM and its networks positively to key stakeholders and audiences, including social impact, issue management, employee engagement, brand strategy and crisis communications.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Communications Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Works with network communicators, leads corporate communications by creating and executing internal and external communications that express the agency's mission and oversight role.
- Consults and collaborates with senior officials of the agency and USAGM leadership.
- Serves as a senior advisor to the CEO and as the agency's primary representative in all areas of communications, media relations, and external constituencies.
- Advises the CEO, USAGM leadership, and agency senior management on communications, media, outreach, and related constituency matters and issues.
- Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with members of the media and specialized groups interested in U.S. international media, including other agencies and organizations involved in International broadcasting, such as national and international organizations and associations, and think tanks.
- Develops an internal communication plan regarding CEO priorities - including internal reforms and change.
- Oversees the planning, direction, integration, and coordination of USAGM-wide communications programs and activities, including outreach efforts.
- Periodically reviews the communications plan and assesses its effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvements and integration of new developments in the industry.
- Oversees the drafting of speeches, briefing materials, formal replies, and talking points for the CEO; and oversee the preparation and dissemination of internal newsletters and other means of maintaining effective two-way communications with the staffs of the USAGM, VOA, OCB and other USAGM entities, including enhancements to and updates of the USAGM's internal and external web pages.
- Recruits and manages a communications team.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Takes appropriate corrective actions, such as verbal and written warnings, and initiate or recommend action in more serious situations.
- Identifies employee-training requirements and provides or arranges for needed employee development and training.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603005800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.