This position is located on the Bridger Teton National Forest, Supervisor's Office in Jackson, WY.Learn more about this agency
This position is located on a National Forest and has responsibility for planning, managing, coordinating, reviewing, and reporting for several natural resources, including recreation, heritage, lands, and Wilderness.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Kevin Khung, at 307-739-5509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incumbent serves as a key member of the Forest Management Team to formulate plans, policies, and objectives for the Forest.
- Provides recommendations and information to the Forest Supervisor concerning important natural resource and the administrative roles necessary for those programs, including budget.
- Responsible for the quality, quantity, and coordination of all work performed in the various program areas overseen.
- Oversees study projects to develop guidelines, standards and procedures for analyzing public needs, demands, and resource capabilities.
- Coordinates resource management planning activities. Continuously appraises program area goals in light of changing economic and public concern factors.
- Promotes ecosystem management, ensuring long term productivity and ecologically sustainable goals are implemented, maintained, and achieved.
- Is responsible for program management, planning, budgeting and management information (PBMI) for identifying work force and organizational needs, and Forest priorities.
- As designated, serves as Acting Forest Supervisor with full responsibility for decisions and actions. Represents the Forest Supervisor at meetings and conferences.
- The position plans the work to be accomplished by the unit, assigns work to employees, and establishes production or quality standards for the unit?s work.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for site visits and to attend meetings and training sessions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603003800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.