This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, Position Description Number D1369000and is part of 155 MXS Nebraska Air National Guard.
View FULL PD#:Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, WG-2892-8/10, duties include:
(1) Performs maintenance, inspects, modifies, tests, services, troubleshoots, isolates malfunctions, and repairs the aircraft electrical/environmental systems and other aircraft systems. Performs maintenance and functional checks of main and emergency current generating systems, solid state direct current transformer rectifiers, external power monitors, ground power switching, circuit protection, load distribution, relay networks, interior/exterior lighting, landing gear control/position, audible/visual warning, engine starting, jet fuel starter, engine test cell instruments and controls, electronic components of flight controls, anti-ice, anti-skid, air conditioning, pressurization, heat, vent, cooling turbines, bleed air components, etc. Performs intermediate maintenance on cryogenic storage containers. Maintains and operates various types of test equipment such as digital and analog multimeters, frequency meters, constant speed drive test stands, voltmeters, ammeters, etc. Performs precise and advanced wiring maintenance procedures on aircraft and debriefs aircrews on the electrical/environmental systems. May clear red "X" conditions.
(2) Provides technical advice and troubleshooting expertise to other work centers as needed when electrical or environmental systems affect the aircraft systems such as radar, weapons release, navigation, communication, instruments, flight controls, pneudraulics, fuel or other systems/subsystems.
(3) Provides on-the-job training to lower graded personnel or to newly assigned personnel regardless of grade.
(4) Requisitions, processes, and accounts for supply assets as required by the repairable processing system. Documents maintenance actions and time accounting on maintenance forms and/or computer systems such as CEMS/CAMS. Maintains technical publications such as wiring diagrams and schematics, maintenance procedures and management forms.
(5) Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations and ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.
(6) May be required to perform duties as accumulation point manager for hazardous waste.
(7) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602910100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.