USPTO is modernizing its information technology to register intellectual property better, faster and cheaper through ML and AI. USPTO is migrating to a multi-hybrid cloud environment and is taking a zero trust architecture approach to enhance security. RPA is at the forefront of improving efficiencies across lines of business. We are looking for Cybersecurity professionals to join our agency and bring innovative approaches to Cybersecurity through emerging technology and automation.
Learn more about this agency
This Vacancy is using the Direct-Hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Using the Office of Personnel Management’s approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provision of Title 5 U.S.C 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Cybersecurity Division (CD) is responsible for all aspects of USPTO Information Technology security. It is comprised of three functional teams that include the Cybersecurity Authorizations and Compliance Branch and the Cybersecurity Operations Branch. This position is located in the Cybersecurity Authorizations and Compliance Branch that provides services which support implementation and continuous monitoring for compliance with IT security policies, Federal Information Processing Standards, and requirements for all information technology used in support of the USPTO.
This position is responsible for.....
- Reviewing implementation of Federal Risk and Management Authorization Program (FedRAMP) security controls across platforms for applicability in mitigating security risks.
- Identifying the need for, and the execution of, the Security Impact assessments and follow up assessment of impacted security controls and updates to security artifacts to maintain compliance.
- Resolving Cybersecurity issues related to the implementation or integration of systems with existing or new Cloud Service Providers.
- Developing and deploying tracking processes that tracks the status of system changes and compliance with security requirements.
- Assisting in coordinating completion of required artifacts and providing support as an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) supporting FISMA Master Systems.
- Evaluating existing security measures to identify and protect against current and emerging vulnerabilities in cloud environment.
- Reviewing and evaluating identified security vulnerabilities, penetration testing results, and system related configuration information.
- Providing technical and advisory services in the following areas of development of information security policies, FISMA and IT Security compliance, categorization updates, and administration of IT systems.
- Establishing and enforcing Cybersecurity policies to protect the organization’s IT infrastructure, networks and data from cyber security risks.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602890200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.