This position is located in the VA Western New York Healthcare System Medical Center Radiation Safety Program in Buffalo, NY. The Health Physicist is responsible for performing a wide range of health physics duties associated with the use, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials.Learn more about this agency
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED. IF YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY APPLIED, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Assists with the implementation of the VA Medical Center radiation safety program to ensure compliance with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission license, National Health Physics program, and other applicable directives and regulations;
- Conducts radiation safety audits of research labs and clinics;
- Monitors radiation safety receipt inspection of shipments of radioactive materials;
- Performs radiation safety functions associated with the therapeutic use of radiopharmaceuticals;
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents, incidents, spills, overexposures, loss of misplaced sources of radiation;
- Prepares and conducts radiation safety training programs;
- Ensures all logs, records, and reports are complete, legible, up-to-date, and readily retrievable; and
- Performs other radiation safety program duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-4:30pm
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
NOTE: This is a part-time position (20 hours/week). The salary listed represents full-time employment and will be pro-rated based on the actual number of hours worked each pay-period. Likewise, benefits and time-off accrual will also be prorated and based on your part-time work schedule.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602861100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.