This position is located in the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), Industrial Security Field Operations directorate. The DCSA is responsible for overseeing the protection of US and foreign classified information in the hands of cleared industry and administering the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) for the Department of Defense (DoD).Learn more about this agency
As a INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as an Information Systems Security Professional (ISSP) within the Western Region.
- Perform cybersecurity activities including security control assessment in support of the Information Technology (IT) system authorization utilizing the Department of Defense Risk Management Framework (RMF) and exercise security oversight of cleared contractor information systems within the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
- Analyze, assess, evaluate, verify and validate cleared contractor information system security plans and controls, and deliver system authorization risk recommendations to the Authorizing Official.
- Engage and interface with industry security professionals to assess implemented security controls.
- Enforce IT security control requirements, recommend configurations for information systems and networks and identify strategies to manage risk through mitigation of IT vulnerabilities, considering the rapidly evolving Cybersecurity threat to IT systems.
- Serve as spokesperson at conferences and training meetings to convey NISP and RMF implementation guidance and Cybersecurity information relating to industrial security.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602857200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.