You will serve as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) performing Information System Security Officer (ISSO) duties in the Cybersecurity Branch (1043) of the Activity Chief Information Officer/Information Technology Division in the Corporate Operations Department of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The NT-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-13 and GS-14.
- You will ensure applications or Information Systems (IS) are certified and accredited and notify the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and cognizant Authorizing Official (AO).
- You will ensure applications or information Systems (IS) are certified and accredited when changes occur on IS(s) that might affect their Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- You will utilizes knowledge of information systems security principles, methods, regulations and policies to draft, review or validate information security documentation, such as systems security plans, risk assessments.
- You will utilize knowledge of disaster recovery plans, business continuity plans, .business continuity plans, and user security guides, leading to verified system security certification for continued accreditation during annual review cycles.
- You will Conduct system security audits that include evaluation of general computer controls and computing environments as they relate to DoD, Navy and NSWC Crane's cybersecurity requirements and processes.
- You will report security incidents and Electronic Spillage of classified information to the ISSM and/or cognizant AO in accordance with policy and procedures.
- You will audit IT systems and networks to ensure Assessment and Authorization support documentation is developed, maintained, and updated as required.
- You will validate and verify systems and security products to detect security weaknesses to support Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM).
- You will communicate information security issues and practices to promote awareness of sound information security principles.
- You will prepare formal/informal reports of audit findings and communicating results of audits or special projects to management.
- You will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and information through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs.
- You will ensure policies, procedures, and tools to ensure the information systems are operated, used, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices and initiate protective or corrective measures as required.
- You will perform tasks required to analyze, assess, and document IA capabilities and services of DoD ISs to establish compliance with cybersecurity requirements, identify vulnerabilities, quantify risk and ensure the network.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602835900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.