- Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Employees; DoD PPP Military Spouse Preference eligibles.
- Position located in: IT DIR OFFICE, IT ENTERPRISE SERVICES, TECH SUPPORT, ZTADB
- This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate
- Applicants on Bratenahl list may be considered for positions in Cleveland
- Salary info: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2021/general-schedule/
- Provides guidance/technical support to IT specialists regarding the requirements analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation (the entire spectrum of software life-cycle management) of existing and proposed database management systems.
- Analyzes technical requirements, prepares programming specifications and instructions, prepares design documents, participates in testing, and ensures database implementation.
- Performs staff assignments related to project planning, monitoring, and/or coordinating systems analysis and programming functions related to database management.
- Serves as a member of one or more boards, committees, panels, or teams in support of special projects or programs.
- Ensure assigned database efficiently collect, store, and process data and runs utility program and investigates when reports indicate a decline in system performance and maintain security procedures to guard against unauthorized intrusions.
- Interacts with computer specialists in a team environment and integrates the work of others to ensure project completion.
- Monitors database performance, file organization and structure, file management, mass storage management, backup and recovery of data, and database systems security.
- Performs staff assignments related to project planning, monitoring, and/or coordinating systems life cycle functions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602801500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.