Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position:
As a Cyber Security Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Lead the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate and minimize system vulnerabilities.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks; recommend mitigation or counter measures and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure.
- Develop contingency plans (Disaster Recover or Business Continuation Plans for information technology systems) to ensure availability and accessibility of network resources.
- Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate the implementation of security programs across Tier I, II, and III systems, and establish vulnerability reporting criteria.
- Review security incident response policies and identify the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats.
- Implement security requirements, integrate security programs and define the scope and level of detail for security plans and policies.
- Design, deploy, implement, configure, administer and maintain the SPIIDE DLP Environment and recommend strategic direction for the program.
- Provide project management for the consolidation and migration of systems into the production environment.
- Lead server and vendor security product evaluations and technical studies and task forces.
- Direct pilot testing programs.
- Analyze new technology for its impact on various environments.
- Test new releases on supported platforms.
- Develop product configuration standards for use in the environments.
- Develop a holistic cloud security environment effectively by maintaining industry and globally accepted standards.
- In-depth understanding of cloud security concepts, principals and frameworks FedRAMP.
- Develop and deliver Information Technology (IT) Security Policy and Guidance, providing enterprise security controls that safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IRS systems and application and ensure IRS security policies are developed in accordance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), National Institute of Standards and Technology (IST), Department of Treasury and Industry's Best Practices for Information Assurance and Cybersecurity.
- Provide an enterprise cyber monitoring, analytics, and coordination capability 24x7x365.
- Provide fraud analytics monitoring to examine designated dashboards, events, and logs to identify and escalate potential indicators of fraud.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602710200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.