This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Cotton Gin Research Unit in Las Cruces, NM.The incumbent works independently and collaborates on personal research with the overall goal of addressing critical cotton and related companion crop production, ginning, agricultural processing, textile processing and regulatory compliance issues, especially those pertaining to Western irrigated cottons. Learn more about this agency
- Perform research to develop new cotton ginning equipment and processes to improve fiber quality, process efficiency, and environmental footprints and to develop sensors/techniques for cotton gin process measurement and control.
- Develop collaborations and interact with other government and university researchers, and cotton industry professionals to develop research plans and conduct tests in the laboratory, in the field, and at commercial facilities.
- Properly collect, analyze, and interpret scientific research and information to develop new knowledge, devices, and processes of direct value to the cotton industry;
- Report that information to the research community and cotton industry at technical conferences and industry meetings.
- Prepare written manuscripts to document scientific research for review and publication in professional articles and peer-reviewed journals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602693100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.