What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: GS-12- $77,488 (Step 01) to $100,739 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Research Fish Biologist within the Columbia Research Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Conduct research focused on the biology, ecology, and control of invasive aquatic organisms, especially invasive carps.
- Serves as independent member or leader of various research teams that consist of multidisciplinary scientists from multiple agencies.
- Prepares proposals, reports to funding agencies, and scientific journal publications.
- Provides technical assistance to DOI agencies and to other Federal, State, and private interests as appropriate.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office, laboratory, and/or in the field. The office is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Temperature and weather extremes may be encountered in the performance of the outdoor work. Field and laboratory duties may require the use of special protective gear. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as not to endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 3 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602660700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.