The selectee for this position will serve as the Chief Scientist of the Naval Oceanographic Office, Technical Director, Chief Scientist (0TT) of NAVOCEANO BAY ST LOUIS.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide scientific and technical leadership and support to the operational NAVOCEANO codes.
- You will serve as an authority in the area of the influence of the natural environment on navigation, data collection and METOC-influenced warfare areas.
- You will function as a consultant to high-level managers and officials within the agency as well as to various U. S. and foreign government organizations.
- You will chair the NAVOCEANO Technical Advisory Board (TAB) providing a forum for the review and approval of the technical integrity of proposed new or improved scientific and technical capabilities, technologies, processes and products.
- You will attend and present NAVOCEANO work at various national/international scientific and technical meetings as the Technical Director's representative and, as such, will have authority to speak for the Office.
- You will serve as the lead point of contact and coordinator for transitioning of Navy R and D to operations within NAVOCEANO.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602576100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.