About the Position: This is a vacancy for a Computer Scientist position located at U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, Corporate Information Office at Warren, Michigan.Learn more about this agency
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the development, testing (qualification), and/or independent verification and validation of software products, applying principles of configuration and quality assurance practices to eliminate defect escapes.
- Serve as a computer scientist responsible for designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Provide expertise throughout all life cycle phases to include the concept, design, development, testing, implementation and administration/ maintenance of software systems.
- Apply knowledge of information security, network architecture, computer theory, interface design, software requirements traceability, requirements tagging and software risk assessments.
- Assess and demonstrate the effectiveness of new concepts and ideas and evaluates technological trends to achieve significant advancements in operational and mission requirements.
- Apply computer science principles, methods and techniques in the analysis, design and development of complex software systems.
Occasional travel - Business travel required 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602557800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.