This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, CG PacArea, D11, Sector San Francisco, San Francisco, CA.Learn more about this agency
As a Marine Transportation System (MTS) Cybersecurity, this position is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of all hazards and cybersecurity related executive orders, acts, regulations, laws, and Coast Guard policy supporting the safety and security of ports, maritime facilities, vessel, and waterways. Develops operational cybersecurity policies and assist in the implementation of policies, plans, procedures , and exercises for all cyber incidents that impact the marine environment, port security, or marine transportation.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Establishing and maintaining communication channels with stakeholders.
- Reviewing existing and proposed policies with stakeholders.
- Collecting and maintaining data needed to meet system cybersecurity reporting.
- Overseeing policy standards and implementation strategies for regulated entities to ensure procedures and guidelines comply with cybersecurity policies.
- Assisting in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602516500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.