This position is located on the Upper Lake Ranger District of Mendocino National Forest in Upper Lake, California.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Frank Aebly at (707) 275-1401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administer Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) events and activities.
- Develops public information brochures for users and groups.
- Act as liaison between the volunteer groups and the unit to develop operating plans.
- Prepare environmental assessments or decision notices on operating plans.
- Enforce state Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) rules and regulations.
- Patrol OHV routes to provide information to the public.
- Act as Contracting Officer Representative (COR) assisting contractor to ensure work is completed properly.
- Ensure compliance with management plan relating to OHV use.
- Complete OHV related incident reports, warnings, and citations as necessary.
- Provide public information on OHV management practices, rules, and regulations.
- Represent the unit at user group meetings to communicate unit objectives and policies to participants.
- Coordinate and implement access projects on the Unit.
- Coordinate with various biologists to conduct internal/external scoping for proposed projects.
- Review special use applications for OHV activities to determine potential impact on land and other visitors.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for the unit?s work.
- Establish and communicate guidelines and performance requirements to employees including conducting formal performance reviews and identifying developmental and training needs of employees.
- Perform administrative and human resources management functions for the unit such as providing advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for trainings, meetings, or project related work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602503400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.