THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SMALL ARMS REPAIRER (T32), Position Description Number D1226000 and is part of the AL CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ D. HILL
(1) Performs overhaul, maintenance, and repair on a variety of small arms that involve numerous parts, subassemblies, adjustments, and must be adjusted to close tolerances. Diagnoses and identifies mechanical deficiencies and/or malfunctions in weapons, such as, automatic pistols, revolvers, shotguns, automatic rifles, grenade launchers, machine guns, rocket launchers, mortars, and other small arms and accessories.
(2) Disassembles weapons, assemblies, subassemblies and other components. After disassembly examines for defects, mechanical misalignment, and malfunctions. Replaces barrels, firing pins, springs, trigger mechanisms, shell ejectors, sights, safety devices, bolts, stocks and other parts and assemblies. Modifies small weapons by replacing obsolete parts. Applies finishing agents and test fires and/or performs operational checks of arms repaired to ensure safety, accuracy, and ease of operation. Applies modification work orders as required.
(3) Uses hand and power tools, precision gauges, test instruments, jigs and alignment devices in making repairs, modifications, and adjustments to small arms.
(4) Ensures the accountability, storage, and security of arms and other sensitive items while they are kept for repair, usually in vaults with limited access.
(5) May serve as a commodity inspector during Command Maintenance Management evaluations (COMET) or as a member of a Maintenance Assistance Instruction Team (MAIT).
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602373200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.