This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
As a Interdisciplinary Physical Scientist/Operations Research Analyst/Mathematician (Data Scientist) at the GS-1301/1515/1520-14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- As a Data Scientist for DTRA you will integrate scientific methods, processes, and a wide variety of computational tools to extract predictive insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Serve as a technical expert in the research, design, and implementation of data science and analytics, and related data structures, standards, mining, processing, business intelligence, and data visualization technologies.
- Oversee the execution of technical projects to ensure compliance with both data standards and architectures, and Department of Defense data policies.
- Identify critical research and development needs, and technology attainment strategies in the area of data science and analytics.
- Interact cross-functionally at the Enterprise level with top technical leadership on the overall direction and management of the Division's technical focus areas and research and development programs related to data science and analytics.
- Work with large, complex data sets and solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods with project managers, lead system engineers, and major stakeholders, including academia and industry.
- Monitor and plan for the efficient sustainment of all data analytic related technical capabilities.
Occasional travel - Travel in the performance of temporary assignments may be required up to 20% of duty time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602332100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.