This position is located in the Enterprise Command Center (ECC), Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), IT Service Operations (SO), Information Technology Operations and Service (ITOPS), Office of Information and Technology (OIT) serving as an IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties within their assigned roles in the ECC to provide Event Management services for addressing IT operational events in order to maintain the interoperability of production systems and services.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
411- Technical Support Specialist
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: M-F, 0730-1600 other schedule need supervisor approved
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available per supervisor approval
Telework: Yes (May be available upon supervisory approval)
Virtual: Available (Position will be located at a VA Facility or leased space).
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD18616A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking,
bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor.
Service Department only Station 103
- Demonstrates detailed background and knowledge implementing complex monitoring systems to include but not limited to systems/network monitoring applications, Web Services both Intra/Internet, Portal, and other non VA VISTA applications that support the Mission and requirements of the VA's and its end users
- Effectively uses oral and written communication methods and techniques to accomplish continuing coordination with IT program managers, IT Area Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations staff, etc
- Assists in implementing new technologies at the direction of the division chief to enhance health systems operation in support of critical
- Troubleshoot system hardware and software, diagnose and resolve customer reported system incidents, problems, and events.
- Make recommendations based on trend analysis for enhancements to software and hardware solutions to enhance customer experience.
- Monitor, report client-level computer system performance and develop a trend analysis and impact report.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602156700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.