THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (Title 32), Position Description Number D1833000 and is part of the IL 182 AW, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement. Initial cutoff will be 28 July 2021. Recruitment will continue through the announcement closing date until the position is filled.
As a TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (Title 32), GS-0391-12, you will perform duties as a supervisor and Tactical Air Control Party Officer (19Z3B) Instructor/Evaluator, on diverse and complex operations, including the integration and coordination of Air and Space power across the spectrum of command, from the ground maneuver unit to the theater level.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the assigned technicians, ensuring that the advice and assistance provided complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop goals and objectives that integrate unit and overall unit program objectives.
- Research, interpret, analyze, and apply applicable Joint Publications and Tactics Techniques and Procedures to establish guidelines, policies, and objectives.
- Plan and schedule work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution.
- Coordinate with information technology and intelligence units and aircrews as appropriate.
- Perform self-inspection and present a detailed and comprehensive report with any corrective action to supervisor.
- Advise and provide counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management.
- Oversee unit training encompassing the full cycle of theory, formal classroom, and actual field performance for unit activities.
- Validate training requirements identified by the leader by analyzing MAJCOM and Air Force requirements, unit training objectives, mission debriefs, and combat readiness reports.
- Instruct on Theater Air Ground System and the application of Air and Space power to support the ground commander's Concepts of Operations, Commander's Intent, and Scheme of Maneuver.
- Instruct TACP enlisted and officers on various methods and techniques on how to effectively integrate with the ground maneuver commander and staff to coordinate target development and selection of weapon systems against hostile targets.
- Instruct and apply operational risk assessments and provide situational awareness to ground personnel and flight crews.
- Instruct in precautionary measures related to laser emissions, possible exposure to depleted uranium, noise hazards, hazardous material, range of safety requirements, and pyro-techniques.
- Perform analysis, evaluate, and examine TACP personnel to determine degree of proficiency and adherence to tactics, techniques, procedures, and coordination requirements.
- Perform costs analysis, task analysis, and student load factor analysis.
- Discharge security responsibilities by ensuring education and compliance with security directives for employees with access to classified or sensitive materials.
- Provide instruction on communication requirements, procedures, nets, frequencies, Electronic Attack/Electronic Protection, and Communication Security.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602150200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.