THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN) (T32), Position Description Number D2488000and is part of the AL DCSIM JFHQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: DCISM, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CW5 D. GIBSON
1. This is a developmental position. The next full performance target level(FPL) for this career ladder assignment is Information Technology Specialist(SYSADMIN) Specialist, GS-2210-11, PD D2489000. The incumbent performs GS-2210-09 duties under closer than normal supervision. Must complete at least 12 months of specialized work experiences at this grade to successfully achieve the GS-2210-11 competency. The GS-2210-09 position task assignments become progressively more difficult until the target level GS-2210-11 is reached.
2. Performs the basic duties and has the basic responsibilities as described in the GS-2210-11 position description; however, detailed assistance, guidance, and support from the supervisors and co-workers are provided, as required, until statutory and performance requirements for advancement to the next higher level are met.
3. Receives formal and/or on-the-job instructions designed to familiarize incumbent with the functions and operations of the program area and work responsibility. Incumbent is provided practical experience in the application of related knowledge and applies professional and/or management theory, principles, and practices to complete the assigned work. Performs other duties as assigned. Incumbent is considered eligible for non-competitive promotion to target position upon meeting time-in-grade restrictions and the following requirements:
(1) Incumbent demonstrates ability to perform at target grade level;
(2) Higher level work exists at target grade level;
(3) Increased responsibilities are assigned;
(4) Supervisor recommends promotion;
(5) Incumbent completes all required training and conditions of employment, and;
(6) Incumbent completes all regulatory requirements for career ladder promotions. Consequently, promotion is not guaranteed.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602118100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.