THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) (T32), Position Description Number D1825000and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: 226 CCG, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: LTC J. ROBERSON
(1) Independently evaluates the effectiveness of group programs and processes in meeting their established goals and objectives. Analyzes evaluation results on both a quantitative and qualitative basis to provide concise and objective information to identify mission strengths and weaknesses. Develops recommendations to correct deficiencies or suggest program or process improvements for the organization.
(2) Evaluates and analyzes group organization mission effectiveness and wartime readiness posture through process, managerial, personnel, technical and special evaluations. Provides organization management with factual, objective assessments of all assigned units ability to perform their mission. Monitors all group standardization/evaluation type programs ensuring adherence to all requirements defined in USAF, ANG, and other applicable directives. Responsible for ensuring military duty position standards are current and used. Identifies "best practices" and provides cross-feeds to all assigned units to improve unit effectiveness and readiness. Identifies process, system, and training deficiencies and recommends corrective actions for each.
(3) Gathers information from available sources, through electronic and manual research, independent studies, surveys, and interviews to formulate policies, procedures, and strategies throughout the group headquarters and assigned units. Provides sound advice to commanders, managers, supervisors, and employees on basic program policies, regulatory requirements and procedures. Determines compliance with applicable public law, instructions, regulations, procedures and practices and makes recommendations to correct deficiencies. Identifies benchmarks and develops process improvements for implementation throughout the group headquarters and assigned units.
(4) Conducts, analyzes, interprets and documents scheduled and special evaluations, both broad and narrow scope, during training exercises and deployments, or as directed by higher authority on specific managerial, processes, or technical subjects to provide management with an accurate assessment of organizational practices and procedures.
(5) Develops process, management, and administrative evaluation plans. Establishes internal metrics for reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports.
(6) Utilizes comprehensive knowledge of implemented programs and their interrelationships to apply statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiency, and trends impacting the effectiveness of the organization. Performs cost-benefit and task analysis to seek more efficient and effective means and methods to achieve desired results.
(7) Provides management officials with information needed for effective direction of programs to include reports identifying limiting factors, management weaknesses, and availability of operable mission equipment. Advises employees, supervisors, and managers on the evaluation of basic program policies, regulatory requirements and procedures. If no output quantity or quality criterion exists, recommends establishment of these requirements. Develops baseline for use in measuring and analyzing organizational productivity or effectiveness.
(8) Recommends group wide reporting and status tracking procedures to ensure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, and follow-up reports. Manages the evaluation program to ensure required actions are tracked and completed.
(9) Performs and manages special projects and initiatives and performs special assignments as directed by Group Commander.
(10) Oversee the Group personnel, training, and information resource management functions and serves as the full time Group A1. Interacts with host wing Military Personnel Flight (MPF), Office of the Adjutant General, State Joint Forces Headquarters, State Human Resources Office, National Guard Bureau (NGB), Major Command (MAJCOM) and Numbered Air Forces (NAFs) when required to correct or eliminate problems. Ensures subordinates are aware of policies, procedures and practices of management as they relate to the work of the unit. If delegated, is responsible for leave, time and attendance and performance appraisals. Provides recommendations concerning the selection of qualified individuals when vacancies occur. Ensures that work is accomplished as mission requires.
(11) Plans and schedules training activities for Drill Status Guard (DSG) members and assigned Full Time Unit Support (FTUS) personnel. Responsible for the availability of lesson plans, facilities, and training aids for ancillary, duty position, and on-the-job training. Monitors the training status of personnel and ensure that supplemental and/or remedial training is accomplished. Responsible for mobilization readiness of section personnel and equipment.
(12) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602116400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.