This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER, Position Description Number D0903000and is part of UFPFO-CIF Nebraska Army National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
View FULL PD#:
As a MATERIALS HANDLER, WG-6907-6, duties include:
1. Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment. Assists in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock to determine warehouse configuration, setup, movement, rearrangement and traffic flow. In larger warehouse facilities, the incumbent may participate in developing storage and space utilization plans in accordance with materials storage areas. The assignment may include insuring the safe receipt, storage, and movement of hazardous items such as ammunition, explosives, chemicals, or radioactive materials in accordance with facility and regulatory requirements. In smaller warehouses, the incumbent serves as the senior non supervisory worker of the facility, laying out storage space, establishing item locations, determining organization and arrangement of stock, identifying high and low usage items. Serves as the senior member of a warehouse project team comprised of material handlers involved in a special project such as relocating a major commodity or equipment group, or setting up a new commodity group area. Prepares items for processing, utilizing appropriate Logistics Information System (LIS) or Tactical Enterprise Logistics Systems (TELS) such as computer terminal and bar code reader to read, store, track and prepare material documentation. Performs classification inspections for material within range of authority. Ensures formal accountability when receiving, storing or issuing. Insures that special documentation remains with materials throughout the storage/issue process, i.e. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI) certificate, and applicable annexes, Departments of Army Form 581, Ammunition residue certificate. Performs quality assurance inspections of materials in storage. Prepares a variety of supply documents and reports.
2. Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area. Schedules personnel to facilitate movement in accordance with priorities, scheduling requirements and space allocations. Operates large warehouse perimeter vehicles such as cargo tractors, stake trucks, mobile cranes, and forklifts ranging in size up to 10,000 lbs.
3. Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas. May be required to store hazardous materials. This requires knowledge or specialized handling, storing, and safety procedures that can only be gained through formal course of study and on-the-job training to insure adherence to governing regulatory procedures and policies. Operates numerous hand and stationary power tools.
4. Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies. Determines physical condition and serviceability of material and property. Checks stock numbers and part numbers in supply catalogs to adequately identify property. Advises supervisor about inconsistent shipment information, defective material or property, and damage from shipping. Recommends action to be taken. Prepares statements of facts pertaining to loss, damage or destruction of property. Routes items to maintenance activity for technical inspections when defects, excessive wear, corrosion, missing pm1s or damage is discovered.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602110400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.