This position is in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), Enterprise Cloud Solutions Office (ECSO). The incumbent will execute creative strategies in implementation, upgradation and enhancements for systems/applications deploying/migrating to the VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC). In addition, responsible for managing multiple workstreams concurrently, operating in a DevSecOps environment, performing customer facing duties and executing cloud analytics.Learn more about this agency
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
441 - Network Operations Specialist
802 - IT Project Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. Employee will work from home.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)/ PD19002A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary in nature. Some slight physical effort may be required to carry
documents or packages to other locations within the designated area. The work may require
periods of overtime, intense concentration, emotional and mental stability, and activities under
time sensitive conditions.
- Plans and implements continuous system/application improvements and operates VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) in accordance to the VAEC Architect.
- Works collaboratively with integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable CSPs and ECSO Infrastructure transformation.
- Synchronizes with non-VAEC cloud solutions, to include Software as a Service (SaaS), Salesforce, and non-VAEC clouds, security control inheritance to nurture change management configurations processes and procedures.
- Directly manages information technology (IT) Cloud projects utilizing project management and DevSecOps methodologies to provide advanced and expert sustainment support systems/applications as they deploy into the VAEC's multi-vendor platform.
- Manages the GSS toolkit, which includes the identification, assessment, acquisition and implementation of GSS tools for the VAEC.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602110200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.