THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS AMENDED TO EXTENDED TO JUNE 5, 2021. WE WILL PULL NAMES EVERY 7- DAYS UNTIL THE NEEDED NUMBER OF APPLICANTS ARE MET.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Specialist for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Field Operations Center West - FOCW in Citrus Heights, California or Field Operations Center East - FOCE in Atlanta, Georgia. However, your residence will be your duty station. This position provides support in developing, implementing, operating and maintaining Information Technology (IT) equipment and systems.
As an Information Technology Specialist at the GS-2210-9/11, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Implements and coordinates activities designed to protect and restore IT systems, services and capabilities.
- Provides advice and guidance in implementing security policies and procedures designed to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
- Supports ODA's field response remotely and within the Center. Establishes remote location communication, user remote access, laptop configuration, and system troubleshooting and resolution.
- Provides support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customer's ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Assists network administrator by participating in configuration of switches and routers; monitoring network performance; performing various diagnostics; analyzing network traffic patterns; and installing software fixes and upgrades.
- Participates in coordinating wide area networking with Central Office IT staff, including installation and configuration of wide area networking hardware and software and monitoring the integration of existing Local Area Network (LAN) with Wide Area Network (WAN).
- THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
- The salary range above reflects the employee's base salary. Locality Pay will be added based on the location of the employee's residence, which is considered your official duty station.
- Your primary residence is considered your official duty station.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel to a disaster site during increased disaster activity for extended periods with little or no advanced notice. If so, you may encounter hazardous working and/or living conditions; i.e., no water or electricity and/or minimal lodging facilities. Travel expenses are compensated based on SBA policy and Federal regulations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602098100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.