This position is located in the Application Services Division, Office of Information Technology, Department of the Chief Operating Officer, in Washington, DC. The incumbent supervises a team of Information Technology Specialists within the application services division and provides direction, supervision, coordination, and guidance to assigned staff.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be responsible for managing all tasks and projects related to application services and performing administrative and human resource management functions including planning work, setting priorities, and assigning and reviewing work. Additionally, the incumbent will be in charge of managing all tasks and projects related to application services and performing administrative and human resource management functions including planning work, setting priorities, and assigning and reviewing work. Duties include, not are not limited to:
- Leading all application services projects, Identifying, mitigating, and managing project risk; Tracking project schedules, resources, and scope to ensure successful completion;
- Managing all aspects of enterprise services, applications, platforms, application development and data warehousing;
- Preparing contract material relating to the acquisition of hardware, software, commercial and internal IT services, cost estimates and materials required to achieve the organizational objectives;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a series of IT processes to ensure the integrity and availability of information resources by overseeing the development and implementation of configuration management and systems quality assurance;
- Establishing quality management processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines for IT projects to include performing QA assessments and delivering audit reports on compliance;
- Overseeing the development and operation of the department's quality assurance program, including system testing;
- Working with project leads, team leads, technical leads, tasks leads, senior IT specialists, supervisors, customers, and users to define project/task scope and requirements;
- Leading cross functional teams at scale or in highly complex environments to develop innovative software and/or services and manage all aspects of all application services development work;
- Participating in and coordinating planning, analysis, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of systems in support of the AmeriCorps mission;
- Reporting regularly on the status of assigned projects to OIT;
- Ensuring projects adhere to System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Enterprise Architecture (EA), information security, configuration management, and other OIT and AmeriCorps policies, standards and procedures;
- Acting as contractor COR and managing IT contracts as needed.
- Participating as a member of OIT governance boards such as PCCB, TRB, etc.; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602081600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.