This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will routinely inspect hardware and software operational parameters to detect performance issues and proactively responds with troubleshooting and issue isolation/resolution to return IT Infrastructure components to normal operating levels.
- You will use deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Server Suite platforms to ensure security configuration settings meet DOD and Navy mandated configuration via application of Secure Technical Installation Guides (STIG's).
- You will ensure that mandated installation of Windows platform patches are applied in a timely fashion after coordinating and communicating system outages as required to support application of patches.
- You will perform testing and evaluation of system stability across multiple platforms as a upon changes to system configurations.
- You will provide customer service to users across the NSWC PHD Command in support of IT material and service procurements to address customer IT requirements.
- You will work closely with customers to assess IT requirements and provide support for ensuring that requested IT materials and services are coordinated and submitted in accordance with Navy and DOD IT procurement policy and regulations.
- You will provide operation and support of server and storage hardware/software.
- You will provide proactive monitoring of IT infrastructure configuration to ensure all components are operating at normal operational levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601963900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.