As a Supervisory Research Leader (RL) of the National Clonal Germplasm Repository for Citrus and Dates, Riverside, California, the selectee will lead a team that is responsible for optimizing the repository's collection of diverse citrus and date crops through evaluation/characterization of accessions, optimal clonal propagation and seed regeneration, active germplasm back-up for preservation, and effective genetic resource maintenance.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing creativity and productivity of the repository genebanks.
- Conceives, plans, and directs the research or is actively involved with the planning along with others.
- Runs a research program aimed at development of new knowledge and concepts regarding the etiologies, epidemiologies, and host-pathogen interactions of graft-transmissible diseases of citrus and dates.
- Provides a basis for identification of pathogen resistant, tolerant germplasm.
- Leads a team that is responsible for optimizing the repository?s collection of diverse citrus and date crops.
- Determines optimal clonal propagation and seed regeneration, active germplasm back-up for preservation, and effective genetic resource maintenance.
- Serves as unit fund holder and provides internal and external technical information and consultation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601929400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.