The VA Salt Lake City Healthcare System is currently recruiting for a Physician (Geneticist) to join our team in the Genomics department.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within Genomic Medicine Service (GMS) of Specialty Care Services within the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), geographically located in Salt Lake City, UT. GMS serves as the clinical genetics arm of the VA's National Program Office for Genomic Medicine and has a nationwide service area. This position serves as a Clinical Geneticist with the responsibility for delivery of genetic care. This includes responsibility for completing a broad-range of genetic care for Veterans; participating in the training of genetic professionals, physicians and other health practitioners; coordinating with other VA services; serving as the collaborating physician for GMS genetic counselors; and providing expert advice and guidance to VA practitioners and to VA program officials on a wide range of issues related to development and delivery of genetic care services, methods and practices.
Duties of the position include and are not limited to:
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding medical genetics to other services lines, other facilities, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) offices and VHA Central Office, other government agencies, and the community. The position serves as a consultant and advisor for peers and administration
- Creates a culture of commitment to quality, education, compassion, collaboration, innovation, accountability, integrity, and creative problem solving
- Participate in the development of clinical protocols to ensure cost effective integration of germline genetic testing in routine practice
- Responsibility for the quality of care delivered, including evaluation of performance with respect to standards of care, clinical effectiveness, compliance with policies and quality improvement
- Serves as a collaborating physician for GMS genetic counselors, including participation in periodic scheduled meetings with genetic counselors; responding to clinical questions from genetic counselors in a timely way outside of scheduled meetings; participating in weekly case conference, if available; and documenting in the medical record formulated clinical assessments or management plans, as needed
- Actively participates in meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, and symposia to adopt VA plans and priorities for genetic care and responds to questions and concerns
- May serve as a member to various board and committees, task forces, and roles as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
***Recruitment and Relocation incentives may be approved for a highly qualified candidate, in accordance with local policy and regulation.***
This is an open continuous announcement. Applicants will be reviewed and referred to the selecting manager as they are received on a bi-weekly basis.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601927700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.