If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging career, this is the position for you!Learn more about this agency
The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) seeks highly-qualified individuals to join our team of expert professionals in becoming a part of our challenging and rewarding Agency. The primary mission of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) is to adjudicate immigration cases by fairly, expeditiously, and uniformly interpreting and administering the Nation's immigration laws. Under delegated authority from the Attorney General, EOIR conducts immigration court proceedings, appellate reviews, and administrative hearings. EOIR consists of three adjudicatory components: The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge, which is responsible for managing the Immigration Courts where Immigration Judges adjudicate individual cases; the Board of Immigration Appeals, which primarily conducts appellate reviews of these Immigration Judge decisions; and the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer, which adjudicates immigration-related employment cases.
This position is located in the Office of Information Technology, Executive Office for Immigration Review, U.S. Department of Justice. Incumbent serves as the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO provides executive leadership and has oversight responsibility for the management, acquisition, and integration of EOIR's information resources, including mission and data systems, data center management, telecommunications, office networks, computer security (including policy, standards, and operations), vulnerability management, configuration management, data management, information sharing, and end-user computing. Provides overall IT portfolio management, recommends agency-wide IT program improvements, and oversees the formulation and execution of the agency's IT budget.
Typical work assignments will include:
- Formulating the overall EOIR IT strategic vision to align with and support EOIR programmatic and business goals and direction.
- Initiating IT policy directives to ensure that information resources management operations and decisions are integrated with organizational planning, budget, financial management, human resources management, and program decisions.
- Developing a full and accurate accounting of information technology expenditures, related expenses, and results.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing EOIR information policies, plans, utilization, security and evaluation for information systems requirements, including the definition and employment of information technologies needed to support the agency's programs in the most effective and economical manner.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to executive and senior leadership on IT matters as related to EOIR programmatic and operational decisions.
- Translating highly sophisticated technical requirements into pragmatic and effective recommendations that focus on the application of IT to improve productivity and promote increased access to and availability of information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601880600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.