- Salary: $43,683 (Step 01) to $69,462 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Physical Scientist within the Lower Mississippi Gulf Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Uses GIS and computer code and scripting languages to manage and process large data to develop three-dimensional geohydrologic framework models.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Assists in and performs hydrologic studies focused on water availability, water quality, and water use.
- Conducts statistical analysis of data to evaluate hydrologic processes.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a field, laboratory or office setting. Work area is adequately lighted.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601858400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.