This position is a Wildlife Inspector, GS- 1801-7/9/11 working in Falls Church, Virginia for the R9-Chief-Office of Law Enforcement.Learn more about this agency
Duty Locations Honolulu, HI and Redmond, WA - Physical locations will be Kona, HI and SeaTac, WA
As a Wildlife Inspector. As a Wildlife Inspector you will be responsible for providing the nations front-line defense against illegal wildlife trade. Provide day-to-day monitoring of wildlife imports and exports facilitate legal trade and helps detect and deter illegal wildlife trafficking.
your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- This position is assigned routine aspects of investigation/compliance cases, primarily for developmental purposes; receives detailed instructions with assignments at the beginning of the training period
- Receives in-depth training in the application of risk targeting profiles and integrating a variety of data and human intelligence in order to determine the level of scrutiny required in a particular situation.
- Under close guidance, performs inspection and compliance activities particularly for a wide range of transactions, special and unique conditions, and where there is a high risk of smuggling, fraud, and hostile incidents.
- Plans, coordinates and carries out the full range of inspection and compliance activities for diverse and complex transactions, special and unique conditions, and where there is a high risk of smuggling, fraud, and hostile incidents.
- Monitors wildlife shipments to ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign wildlife protection laws Examines shipping containers and other transport mechanisms and related documents to ensure compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations
- Inspects wildlife, their parts or products, and may also open and examine receptacles, containers or packages, take samples, and examine and copy records. Prepares correspondence, documents, and reports related to inspection duties.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601842500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.