This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Division of the Comptroller, Financial Reporting Branch
The supervisor is Patrice Williams-Johnson
This position is in the Bargaining Unit.
Travel expenses associated with interview will not be paid. Relocation expenses will not be paid, with the exception of current NRC employees.
Selectee will not be subject to Office of Government Ethics Confidential Financial Disclosure reporting requirements.Learn more about this agency
Serve as an accountant in the Division of the Comptroller, Financial Reporting Branch, which is responsible for working on general accounting operations, general ledger maintenance and reconciliation, reporting, and financial analysis functions. Will perform general accounting duties consistent with the functional responsibilities of the branch within the Division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis, review, research, reconciliation and preparation of financial statements, reports and/or transactions
- Review SGL accounts including budgetary and proprietary to ensure abnormal accounts are resolved and variances cleared through corrective entries and adjustments
- Analyze and correct variances between subsidiary ledger balances and the account balances in the general ledger
- Reconcile cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other general ledger accounts
- Research and analyze complex financial issues by obtaining data from various sources
- Support internal and external audits and provides data, information and expertise on accounting, financial management, procedures and reports.
- Review audit reports, responds to requests for information and recommends/implements corrective actions to mitigate audit deficiencies
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures related to the accounting functions
- Review, interpret, and apply Federal accounting principles and standards, as well as recommends implementation and/or alternatives
25% or less - This position requires minimal travel.
13 - This position is being advertised at the GG-12 level only. After one year of satisfactory job performance, the selectee will be eligible for a promotion to the GG-13 full performance level of the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601798600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.