You will serve as a Senior Remote Sensing Engineer in the Earth Science Division of the Science Directorate.Learn more about this agency
THE CLOSING DATE has been extended to 6/11/2021
- Serve as technical authority for airborne science passive optical instruments and provide advanced technical direction on low-noise detector/amplifier/digitizer system design, overall instrument system design and platform integration.
- Plan and oversee technology development for a variety of Earth science and exploration missions from ground-based, suborbital, and orbital space platforms.
- Conduct analyses and calculations that contribute to design criteria for new airborne instruments; lead the review of design criteria, specifications, plans and procedures, and publish reports in the technical literature.
- Conduct resource planning and oversee airborne instrument development teams engaged in technology development, flight development, manufacturing, assembly and integration, environmental simulation, and testing/evaluation.
- Design and direct the development of unique or leading-edge suborbital or orbital payloads to meet Agency Earth Science requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601767700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.