This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA OC/OPS/Europe Field Command, Operations Division (EU31), Vaihingen, Germany.
- Serves as the primary Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) Battle Captain (BC) with the responsibility of defining, executing, managing, and providing complete situational awareness.
- Develops and implements multifaceted management plans for the complex interdependent networks comprising the DoDIN.
- Oversees and coordinates systems testing, troubleshooting, and support required to maintain optimal DoDIN availability and accessibility.
- Manages the configuration of hubs, switches, routers, and other state-of-the-art telecommunications equipment.
- Identifies and recommends user network problem resolutions that vary from the established and routine to the innovative and unique, which may have DISA-wide impact.
- Creates IT network maps and troubleshoots network outages and other network impairments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601767500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.