This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T), IT Operations & Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO), Platform Support. The incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Analyst with a full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: Platforms & Operating Systems.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
The first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code- 411 Technical Support, 451- System Administrator, 461- Systems Security Analyst
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Mon- Fri 8:00 - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Available, discretion of management
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10078A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor.
- Provides technical expertise and management in the implementation of platforms and operating systems-related programs and projects.
- Provides support, implements, and manages Server operating systems patching and installation, including package creation using VA and District approved processes and tools.
- Provides support, troubleshooting and maintenance of server operating systems and server hardware.
- Utilizes experience, discretion, judgment, and knowledge in the planning, execution, operation and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Participates as a team or project leader with others in a virtual environment accountable to the division chief.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601704000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.