Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Reno, NV. Information about Reno, NV and surrounding area can be found at Reno/Sparks Chamber of Commerce.
We expect to fill a few vacancies at this time. Additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
See requirement section for information related to future vacancies.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technology in order to use seasoned judgment and advanced analytical techniques to solve complex geospatial and GIS issues.
- Knowledge of functions, principles, techniques of land use planning, including outdoor recreation planning and interdisciplinary resource management.
- Enterprise GIS with long- and short-term planning and management activities at the local level.
- Personal contacts are with fellow employees and subject matter specialists within the local organization up to the State Office level, and occasionally with employees of other Federal agencies, State and local governments, and private organizations.
- The purpose of contacts is to plan, coordinate, or advise on work efforts, or to resolve operating problems by influencing or motivating individuals or groups who are working toward mutual goals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601686200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.