This is a Temporary Title 5 Technician position with the Nebraska Army National Guard and is vice a deployed member and will be TERMINATED upon the return of the incumbent.
This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number T5132000and is part of USPFO-PAY BRANCH, Nebraska Army National Guard.
View FULL PD#:Learn more about this agency
As a FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN, GS-0503-8, duties include:
- Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of inter-related accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable, and various travel entitlements, using multiple procedures, processes and techniques to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions and recommendations.
- Analyzes diverse financial management technical methods, techniques, precedent cases, and procedures to resolve an extensive range of difficult financial technical issues or problems.
- Performs in-depth analysis, complicated pay, travel, and accounts payable issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
- Uses public law; fiscal law; Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Army (DA), Forces Command (FORSCOM), NGB, and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) regulations; Standing Operating Procedures; Comptroller General Decisions; and policies and issuances to execute the full range of financial and commercial services.
- Performs or conducts research, investigates and solves problems involving reconciliations of discrepancies (Electronic Funds Transfer rejects, pay/personnel/travel mismatches) to identify, analyze and provide solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors, including computation of interest due.
- Performs varied duties, involving financial services payment systems (travel, accounts payable, and pay; i.e. Joint Uniform Military Pay System Uniform Standard Terminal Input System (JUMPS), Operational Data Store (ODS), Standard Financial System ReDesign1 (SRD1), Defense Travel System (DTS), Integrated Automated Travel System (IATS), etc., by applying a series of different and unrelated methods, processes and techniques involving established financial management systems.
- Determines appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian statuses, to include: Title 10 active duty; Title 32 Inactive Duty for Training (IDT), Annual Training (AT), Active Duty for Training (ADT), Active Guard and Reserve (AGR), and Active Duty for Operational Support (ADOS (includes Defense Support to Civilian Authorities (DSCA) operations).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601685800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.