The incumbent in this position serves as a software application developer in the Target Programming Competency, Application Development Competency Division, Development Management Service, and Office of Product Development within Office of Information & Technology.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 621 - Software Developer - Software Developer
Work Schedule: Mon- Fri 8:00 am -4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: Available, at the supervisors discretion.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Application Software)/ PD10359A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary but involves some moving and lifting.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design application and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Address security implications in the software acceptance phase including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the development of a new application or modification of an existing application.
- Identify security implications and apply methodologies within centralized and decentralized environments across the enterprise's computer systems in software development.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601670900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.