The first 100 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Information & Technology, IT Operations & Services (ITOPS) within Infrastructure Operations (IO).
You will serve as an IT Specialist (Systems Administration).
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (SYSADMIN)/ PD10421A, PD10422A, PD10423A, and PD10424A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Plans, installs, configures, tests, implements and manages the mainframe systems environment in support of Austin Information Technology Center's (AITC) IT architecture and business needs.
- Plans and coordinates the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mainframe communications hardware and software systems in the Technical Infrastructure Service.
- Serves as the technical authority in IBM mainframe communications systems hardware and software and provides support for the development and implementation of short and long-range Department IT activities.
- Provides technical expertise to and works with customers and systems analysts/programmer personnel in all areas related to mainframe systems.
- Plans and coordinates the installation upgrade and maintenance of mainframe system software and/or hardware.
25% or less - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601662500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.