WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I) DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Location.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A FRONT LINE MANAGER TECHNICIAN DO? As a Front Line Manager, first level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of employees, evaluating employees' work performance, and in performing all other related administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The functions, activities, and services provided may have limited geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency program segments.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601644300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.