This position is located in the Applications Service Line, Infrastructure Operations (IO), Health, Benefits, Memorial, Corporate (HBMC), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as an Senior IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties associated with Field Development.Learn more about this agency
The first 75 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- Cybersecurity Code 621 - Software Developer
- Cybersecurity Code 632 - Systems Developer
- Cybersecurity Code 422 - Data Analyst.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Mon-Friday 8:00-4:30
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Remote: This is a remote position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10062A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Provides support to the VistA Applications Division for coordinated installs of applications that cross divisions.
- Provide training to stakeholders on an as needed basis relevant to the use of system applications.
- Works closely with the QA/Testing and Documentation Team providing input into documentation as necessary.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance in accordance with approved system application support policies and
change control policies in the region.
- Evaluates feasibility, identifies solutions, and presents recommendations to Division Chief.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601644000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.