THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) (Title 5), Position Description Number T5906000 and is part of the IL 182 AW, National Guard.
As a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) (Title 5), GS-2210-11, you will serve as a customer support specialist performing work involving analytical and evaluative duties related to classified and unclassified
- Develop, recommend, and install solutions and upgrades to ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of all components of the assigned system.
- Perform system audits to assess security parameters and performance of IA controls within the network environment.
- Optimize the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of system/functional resources.
- Analyze, manage, and direct installation of any new hardware or software introduced into the environment to ensure its compatibility with existing architecture, its reliability, and functionality in relation to the organization's business requirements.
- Run tests to verify operability and functionality; analyze hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems.
- Provide ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs and to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communications services.
- Determine customer requirements and assist customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of system usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors.
- Recommend methods and procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize utilization of present equipment.
- Conduct feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
- Coordinate frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations.
- Install, maintain, and repair hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems.
- Provide management with information necessary to address difficult and complex problems in automating work processes.
- Work with customers to resolve integration or configuration related issues associated with a variety of different system platforms, operating systems, applications, and equipment configurations.
- Identify potential performance or capacity problems and work with technical support personnel in resolving problems.
- Coordinate efforts between system customers, system support personnel and commercial vendors to identify and resolve hardware, software, and other system anomalies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601637000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.