This position is located in the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), Office of Public Affairs (OPA), Field Operations. The mission of OPA is to utilize a full-range of traditional and social media to communicate information to Veterans, media, and key stakeholders about the Secretary's key initiatives and VA's program in service to the overall mission of providing care and benefits to all eligible Veterans, families, and survivors.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: Not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Public Affairs Specialist/ PD82027A and PD82026A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary. Moderate travel is involved.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and facilitate regional travel objectives and other logistical requirements for the VA Secretary, Deputy Secretary, and other senior officials and directors to meet public affairs objectives
- Accompany VA Secretary and other senior officials for Congressional and media scheduled engagements
- Provide advice and counsel on a wide range of complex issues that pertain to VA programs and services
- Actively participate in national conference calls and provide public affairs expertise to senior VA leaders
- Advise top agency officials and public affairs liaisons and specialists at VA field facilities on public affairs matters
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel moderately for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601632400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.