Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Information Technology (IT) Specialist position is located in the Support Division, Surface Operations, Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements programs to ensure that surface transportation system owners and operators that are users of technological and operational control systems, networks and data are aware of, understand, and adhere to TSA, government and industry introduced standards and recommendations.
- Ensures a thorough review and evaluation of strategic-risk based cybersecurity related program operations in accordance with TSA policies and precedents. Provides recommendations for improvement and innovative approaches to cybersecurity within the surface transportation domain.
- Supports cybersecurity technical and operational planning for the development, maintenance and enhancement of evaluation products to ensure surface transportation sector partners are placing the security emphasis necessary to protect and safeguard their cyber infrastructure and developed long range plans for operations and maintenance of those systems.
- Supports the conduct of various cybersecurity technical security assessments, analyzes the results and provides guidance on best practices and mitigation measures to pipeline stakeholders.
- Applies senior-level expertise of cyber security programs, policies, directives, regulations, and current/pending legislation to resolve security gaps, issues or concerns where the surface transportation system owner/operator did not meet the agreed upon guidelines.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (I Band) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
This position is also being announced through Public (US Citizen) procedures under Announcement #HQ-SO-SUR-21-001006-P. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
The reflected salary on this announcement does not include locality pay. Salary will be adjusted in accordance with the locality pay of the duty location selected.
25% or less - Travel may be required at 25% or less.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601629400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.