About the Position: As the Operations Technical Section Chief, has project management responsibilities for dredging, bank protection, clearing and snagging on authorized navigation projects, and inspecting and ensuring effective programs of Federally maintained flood control projects.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment incentives, including student loan repayment, may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- You will focus on program quality and effectiveness to include responsibility for program budget, schedules and goals for the assigned program areas.
- Establish program goals. Evaluate the progress made in reaching these goals and develop measurable indicators for use in evaluating District project management effectiveness.
- Serve as a senior management official for all program briefings conducted on a periodic basis for program review and analysis.
- Obtain technical project data from the technical specialists assigned to the Section; synthesize this data; and present technical data on projects at meetings, briefings and conferences.
- Assign work to subordinates based on relative priorities, and consideration of the difficulty and requirements of the assignments, and the capabilities of the employees
- .Assure workload and project responsibilities are specifically delegated and defined to employees.
- Assure timely performance of a satisfactory amount and quality of work
- Interview and select candidates for positions within the Section, and recommend subsequent personnel action (e.g., promotion, detail, reassignment).
- Effect and/or recommend disciplinary actions. Approve and/or disapprove leave requests.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position, approximately 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601570600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.