WHAT IS THE COMMUNICATION & LIASION DIVISION: The Communications & Liaison Division (C&L) touches every aspect of the IRS mission through its information-sharing activities, including communicating with IRS employees, taxpayers, tax professionals, partner groups, social and traditional media as well as Congress and state and local agencies. C&L works closely with business units across the IRS.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST DO? As a Public Affairs Specialist you will be responsible for managing and developing all aspects of broad-based communication. In this position you will serve as an advisor and technical authority by providing guidance and expertise to employees and successfully leverage strategic communications expertise and leadership skills in helping employees understand and accept the business goals and objectives.
As a Public Affairs Specialist you will:
- Recommend policies, programs, services, and procedures governing the dissemination of information to internal stakeholders (executives, managers, employees).
- Advise on and recommend specific communications events and activities designed to meet challenges of diverse internal and external audiences with varying levels of information requirements and interests.
- Develop effective communication programs that support the organization’s goals.
- Work on all phases of communications plan execution including delivery, measurement, reporting, and results.
- Develop content designed to achieve organization-wide and department-level business goals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with communications counterparts.Assist in the development of plans by considering such items as specific topics or aspects to emphasize the most effective media to use in communicating with intended audiences.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 TO 5 TRAVEL NIGHTS PER MONTH
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601557100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.