Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE (TAS) DIVISION?A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Represents the TAS program for which they are responsible in the performance of a variety of top liaison assignments and during contacts with representatives of other Government agencies and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials and industry associations. Serves as a liaison with Area Advocate staffs, operating divisions, and the Service's industry specialists. Ensures understanding and consideration of (TAS's) policies and views.
- Makes recommendations for the implementation of the TAS's administrative management and technical decisions, and ensures accomplishment of the desired results. Advises on the general management of operations, including use of resources. Provides technical advice on the overall management of programs under the purview of the TAS program for which they are assigned. Analyzes proposals directed to their assigned program for approval, design or review, and develops recommendations for consideration and action as well as alternate proposals.
- Provides leadership to ad-hoc groups, in the conduct of special studies, investigations, or projects. May participate in, Area or National Office or industry association task forces. These studies may require contacts with and preparation and issuance of reports to high level Service officials or industry representatives.
- Takes a leadership role in the development of program plans, design and issuance of directives and instructions and the development of recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the entire organization for which they serve. Makes recommendations and influences agency policy relating to the Business Assessment office. Negotiates on policy matters involving organization or operational areas.
- Collects, analyzes and consolidates data and status reports to determine impact on resources, effectiveness, and compliance with established goals and objectives. Issues regular reports to all levels of TAS management, including highlights of significant trends. This includes guiding, coordinating, planning, developing, and implementing effective resolutions and/or corrective measures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601535800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.