This position is located in AIR-861. However, this vacancy announcement may be used to fill future vacancies in any of the other AIR Division Offices. Duty location/locality pay will be determined based on selection for the location(s) listed on this vacancy announcement.
This position will serve as an Aerospace Engineer (Program Manager), in the System Oversight Division, BASOO Branch, Certification Program Management Section, AIR-861.Learn more about this agency
This position plans and accomplishes highly complex and challenging projects/programs and other work activities under the minimal direction of a manager, or more experienced engineer. He/she serves as a Program Manager with responsibility for planning, coordinating, reviewing, and evaluating activities of matrix teams assembled for the timely completion of type certification projects of aircraft, engines or propellers using advanced materials, systems and design concepts.
- Apply experience and knowledge of engineering principles, theories and methodologies to solve complex problems and develop improved technical processes for the organization.
- Review and analyze applications for type certificate and supplemental type certificate design approvals from Domestic, foreign, and Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) applicants.
- Determine overall safety of proposed aircraft, engine and propellers, areas requiring issue papers, general acceptability of proposals, resource utilization and applicability of the proposed certification schedules.
- Manage the certification of aeronautical products to include designee management and system oversight.
- Coordinate with other FAA team members to ensure all safety concerns are addressed and resolved.
- Prepare technical documents to compel others to take action.
- Draft, review, and edit reports or contractual documents for final approval prior to external distribution.
- Presents briefings to obtain consensus/approval on policies.
- Coordinate significant technical matters with representatives of external organizations.
- Draw on engineering experience to solve unusual problems and create new solutions.
- Interpret and provide policy guidance and instruction to others.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601523400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.