This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandant for C4IT, CG C5I Service Center, Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Supervisory Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the C5ISC Operations Information Systems Product Line, Enterprise Operations Systems Branch (C5ISC-OISPL-EOS), supervising personnel located at Portsmouth, VA. The OISPL-EOS branch provides service development, delivery, support and technical expertise for enterprise operations systems services. The branch is responsible for decomposing operational, functional, and non-functional requirements into technical requirements and specifications, in accordance with established C5ISC standards and practices, for enterprise operations systems services.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- Providing advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Providing recommendations for possible improvements and upgrades.
- Manage agile and waterfall OISPL-EOS projects.
- Reviewing or conducting audits of information technology (IT) programs and projects.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of procurement function in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend improvements.
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the underlying IT operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully.
- Coordinating and managing the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end.
- Ensuring that appropriate Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) and underpinning contracts have been defined that clearly set out for the customer a description of the service and the measures for monitoring the service.
- Gathering feedback on customer satisfaction and internal service performance to foster continual improvement.
- Leading and overseeing budget, staffing, and contracting.
- Managing the internal relationship with IT process owners supporting the service, assisting with the definition and agreement of Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Routinely exercising independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of OISPL and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
- Reviewing service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up.
- Translating security requirements into applications design elements, documenting the elements of the software attach surfaces, conducting threat modeling, and defining specific security criteria.
- Developing and managing OISPL system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Routinely exercising independent judgement and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management's position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
- Analyzing user needs and system requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consulting with customers about OISPL system design and maintenance.
- Managing OISPL EOS active duty and civilian personnel.
- Identifying security implications and applying methodologies within centralized and decentralized environments across the enterprise's computer system in software/hardware development.
- Acting as primary project manager for OISPL-EOS.
- Working with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives.
- Negotiating the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601521700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.